Monday, September 29, 2014

EEK! Halloween Suprise!

Well, it's the end of September and we are already seeing tons of decorations for Halloween.  Myself, I have been working fast and furious creating all kinds of handmade decor for this year.  Between my three different haunted houses, family of pumpkins, witches hats and skeletons, I think that I am almost set!  How far along are you?

Today's project was, so far, the quickest to get done.  I don't know if you have heard all of the buzz yet, but for those of you Cricut fans, Close to My Heart has come out with a brand new cartridge named "Artfully Sent".  For card makers, this cartridge is actually almost heaven sent! This card was made in maybe 15 minutes flat.  I think that it took me longer to figure out what I wanted to do than to cut and put this card together.


 I used Close To My Hearts "Scaredy Cat"Paper Packet.  The patterned paper has a little bit of "Thistle" color in it, so I thought that would look kind of neat as a front page.  Its not really a traditional Halloween color, is it?  I ran it through a spider web embossing folder and used Close to My Hearts "3-D foam tape" to set it on the card front.  Ta-Da!



One of the cool features of the new cartridge is that it has pop up cards, swing cards, scenes card and on and on....sigh.... (love).  I am a big pop up card fan.  


I cut the words Happy Halloween" out in black too so that I could glue it on the grey paper.  I added a few spiders and a little extra "bling" and I am ready to send it off!

So, what do you think?  I would love to hear your thoughts!

Stand by for more Halloween cards from Close to My Hearts "Artfully Sent" cartridge and papers!

The items that I used to create this "master piece can all be found on my Close to My Heart website at Kim's Close to My Heart.

If there is anything that I can do you help you enjoy your hobby or craft, please let me know!

Happy Crafting! :)
Kim




1 comment: